- A rapidly growing alternative medicine consumer products company operating in eight countries across North America, Europe and South America.
- With operations and personnel expanding rapidly, the leadership team sought to develop an organizational structure that enhanced the effectiveness of the organization, as well as the efficiency of decision making.
- Sustained lack of focus – everything was a priority!
- Slow decision making due to lack of effective delegation
- Lack of clarity on roles and responsibilities, and confusion around high level goals
- Low staff morale
Engaged leadership team in a number of activities to co-create a final organization structure that aligned with and leveraged key sources of value and future growth opportunities. Major activities included:
- Discovery – In-depth interviews with key leaders and personnel to ascertain organizational structure, practices and decision making authority
- Organizational Mapping – Capture and articulation of current structure relative to future sources of value and growth
- Detailed Design – Future state organizational structure with clear delineation of roles, responsibilities and decision rights hierarchy
- Alignment Workshops – Co-creation and buy-in on final structure